Top events across the UK this Chocolate Week
Friday 11th October 2013
There are a huge variety of events taking place up and down the country this Chocolate Week. Here are some of the highlights:
• Salon du Chocolat, London, 18-20 Oct
The world’s largest chocolate show comes to the capital for the first time. Featuring the world’s best chocolate, demonstrations and tastings from top chocolatiers and pastry chefs, children’s workshops, a chocolate fashion show, a bath filled with chocolate and a full size chocolate cocoa tree.
• Chocolate Factory Open Days, Cleethorpes and near Edinburgh, various dates during Chocolate Week
Bean-to-bar chocolate makers Duffy Sheardown and The Chocolate Tree open the doors of their factories offering the public a rare chance to see inside.
• Blood + Chocolate, York, throughout Chocolate Week (streamed live from 6.30pm on 17th Oct www.pilot-theatre.tv)
With a cast of 200 people, this epic journey follows the workers of the great york-based chocolate factories, Rowntree’s and Terry’s, who went off to war, the women who took their places until they returned and what happened when they didn’t.
• An Evening of Fine Tequila & Fine Chocolate, London, Oct 16
Chocolatier Paul a Young and Aqua Riva tequila queen Cleo Rocos for an exclusive evening of tasting, pairing and discovery.
• ‘Chocolat’ film experiences, Shrewsbury and London, various dates during Chocolate Week.
Eat along with Johnny Depp and Juliet Binoche at special Chocolat screenings at Bea's of Bloomsbury in London or Toot Sweets Chocolates in Shrewsbury
• Thermal Chocolate Experience, Perthshire, throughout Chocolate Week.
Chocolate’s not just for eating. Enjoy a relaxing chocolate treatment and massage at Knock Castle Hotel and Spa.
• Chocolate Food Slam at Camp and Furnace, Liverpool, Oct 18-19
Set in a Victorian industrial space, a special chocolate-themed Food Slam using Divine Chocolate at the heart of their street food and cocktail recipes.
• Valrhona Chocolate Afternoon tea, across London, throughout Chocolate Week
Venues across the capital host delectable chocolate afternoon teas, including the Langham Hotel, The Lanesborough and Pennyhill Park.
• Chocolate tastings at John Lewis, all stores, throughout Chocolate Week.
Every day across the John Lewis Estate, customers can sample the delicious ‘Chocolate of the Day’, including House of Dorchester, Prestat and Charbonnel et Walker.
Check out the events section of the website for full details of all the events taking place this year.